Monday, April 15, 2013

Well, there's a first time for everything...plus a freebie!

I am super excited nervous to unveil my first literacy pack.  I usually stick to classroom decor, but there has to be a first time for everything and I felt inspired to create a Little Red Riding Hood mini-unit in my last minute preparations for the STAAR test.  My goal was to do a little review of story elements, character traits, motivations, and summary. I decided to use Little Red Riding Hood as the mentor text since fairy tales are among the 3rd grade TEKS (think Common Core).  Here's a peek at the unit...
You can grab it in my TPT store! ($4)
In honor of National Poetry Month I snuck in some poetry review.  I used Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf by one of my faves, Roald Dahl.  We focused on the mood of the poem and sensory language.  Of course I couldn't leave you guys without a freebie so you can grab my Sensory Language graphic organizer HERE!
If we stand on our tippy toes we can see summer y'all!  I love this time of year!
Toodles!

3 comments:

Second-grade-alicious said...

Looks Super cute!!

Third and Goal said...

Wow! That looks awesome!!! PS-I'm standing on my tippies!

Sara Soucy said...

This is so cute!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Post a Comment